Thursday, July 3, 2008

Say what now?

So I've been away a while. Not that I've actually gone any where I just have not had the pressing desire to blog lately. Lots of stuff has been happening in the realm of Julie and its kept me from my peeps. Anywho thought I'd share a pet peeve of mine today.

So I'm standing at the front desk (yes again) and we've had another of our delightful tour groups check in. Now Julie loves all people but I gotta say French folks work my nerves. I don't mean to over generalize but Frenchies are rude and kinda hard headed. I shouldn't have to say 5 times "Je ne parle pas le français" which I dutifully researched and means I don't speak french dumb ass! OK so maybe not dumb ass but close enough. If I ever have the great fortune to be able to travel Europe, out of common courtesy I plan on learning a few basic phrases in each language. I know this is gonna make me sound like an arrogant ass American but if you're gonna visit please pick up a few words so I'm not blankly staring at you trying to grasp one of the two hundred words streaming from your mouth extremely quickly.

Thank you, Merci, Ringraziarla, Gracias, Vielen Dank, Obrigado! :)

1 comment:

$teve said...

YAY!!! Jewels is back!!! I have to wholeheartedly agree with you on this. In my travels & experiences, the only nice Frenchie that I've ever met...is Lilie. Must be that dual citizenship thing. :)