Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm not sure how it happened...

Yeah I'm an adult now. Not quite sure how it happened and it kinda snuck up on me. Last weekend, one of the last vestiges of my youth fell away. I was asked to chaperon a high school house party. Now this in and of itself would not have been bad. I mean I could look at it as I'm young and hip and this is why I was asked. But no it was my behavior at the party that made me realize I'm now old. Now it was a party of 15-18 year old boys and girls. This basically means it was a house full of hormones. The other chaperons and myself were stationed in the kitchen which gave us a perfect view into the dancing room. The way these girls were grinding and maneuvering made me think they were taking pole dancing lessons. As Chris Rock once said his only job in life was to keep his daughter off the pole. This should be every parent's aspiration. If not for the scraps (yes scraps)of clothes they were wearing they would have just been screwing on the dance floor. If you have teenage daughters please tell them to cover themselves and don't forget to check thier purse or bag before they leave the house, it's not hard to sneak a pair of booty shorts out. So this must have provoked the mother in me (even though I don't have kids yet) I grabbed a mag lite and assumed the police officer pose. You know the one, maglite near your head, shining the light in their eyes all the while I'm telling them they need to knock it off before they get pregnant out on dance floor. Yeah I'm not so much cool anymore. :(

2 comments:

$teve said...

I agree 100% Jewels. Girls need to learn how to act right...and it's not that I'm jealous that teenage girls are getting steadily skankier since I left high school...but that sure doesn't help. If my nieces end up dressing like that their whole family's getting slapped. I already have permission...in writing. I'll gladly cash that stuff in. :)

By the way, let me know when those girls turn 18...I may be moving to Vegas very soon...and they may need a job. :)

A.P. said...

I am waiting for 'Hello Kitty' brand condoms.