Sunday, September 14, 2008

Really I'm not a slacker!

So I've been told by one of the few people that actually reads my blog that I should be ashamed for not updating it. I am ashamed! I have not done my duty and from now on I will make a greater effort to entertain the masses with my ramblings and opinionated nonsense. This one is for you Mrs Williams. :)

Anywho Julie has had a crazy couple of months lately but everything is finally starting to settle down. I recently moved into a new apartment which I love! I have an extra bedroom so please feel free to come visit. Actually feel free to come visit anytime after October 1st, my mother is staying with me until then so it may be a little crowded. :) I also have a new little niece who has had to overcome many hardships within the her relatively short life. She is now 3 months old and in those short 3 months she's already had 3 surgeries, a blood clot in her leg and countless needle pokes and other unpleasantness. For the past 2 and a half months she has been living in at St. Josephs hospital in the PICU unit. She will finally be able to come home sometime this week and I'm overjoyed! I'd like to take a moment to thank all the wonderful doctor's and nurses at St Joes. They are really phenomenal people who excel in their positions. Thank you also to all the folks who have included her in your thoughts and prayers. It has meant more to me and my family then you'll ever know. She is the most beautiful little creature and I love her so much it's ridiculous. I've attached a picture for your viewing pleasure, feel free to oooh and aaah to your heart's content.





So on to other news. I had the pleasure of seeing Carlos Mencia in concert on Friday. I gotta say I love him! Carlos for President! If you've never seen his stand up or only seen Mind of Mencia, you are missing out. I have the utmost respect for comedians because for small stretches of time they allow you to forget your worries and problems and just laugh. Now lots of people seem to think he's crass, idiotic and politically incorrect. I will give you the politically incorrect and yes he is fond of dropping the "F" bomb but the man is not an idiot. He takes great delight in making fun of the idiots of the world and says the things that every thinks but no one has the balls enough to say. Do yourself a favor and see his show if he ever visits your city. Speaking of comedians I also saw Eddie Izzard a few months back, another top notch show. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt for days. Why do sit ups when you can laugh?

Ok I feel I have done my duty and I will try and make sure I continue to update you all on the randomness that is my life. Love ya! Peace out!

1 comment:

$teve said...

I still like you Jewels. :) By the way, if you ever want to see me again...you may have to stop by Denver. I very well may be getting a job there in the next week or two...just so you know. I figure that you don't like the snow...but if you're ever looking to go somewhere with double digit summer temps, now you have a hookup. :)