Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I sleepy, Part Deux

So I was off yesterday and this gave me a chance to finish Such A Pretty Fat (seriously if you just go out and buy a copy I may stop mentioning it) and as I was not interested in finishing the other book I was reading (Amy Tan's Saving Fish from Drowning, normally I love her work but this book is dragging) I decided to take a quick drive over to Barnes and Noble and pick up a few more books. After spending a few hours (yes hours, I love books and they have Starbucks, I could spend days holed up in there!) I purchased Stephanie Meyers The Host. Now if you're a follower of her work you know she wrote the Twilight Series (now being made into a movie, released on 12/12/08, thanks again to my book pusher for the recommend) which are fabulous books however I was a little leery about this one. Little too Sci-Fi for my tastes and seriously $18 for a book!? Even a consummate book lover like myself thinks this is ridiculous which is why I don't normally buy hardback. Anywho I like her writing style and it looked kinda interesting so I decided to give it a try. Fast forward through the rest of my afternoon which involved dropping a casserole dish (see what happens when I try and cook) and if that's not bad enough, slicing open the sole of my foot on said casserole dish. When I dropped the dish I happened to be texting a friend of mine and his helpful advice was close the wound with some super glue. Really? Guys, super glue and duct tape does not fix everything! Also Mike, if you're reading this I sooo did not take your advice. Again anywho we're still fast forwarding, because I broke the dish dinner was not happening so I picked up my kids and we hit up Wendy's drive thru (and no don't worry, I didn't suddenly have kids, my mom is out of town so I'm playing auntie mommy with my nieces and nephew) homework, bath time and bedtime followed and then I was finally able to settle down with my new book. And really all of this has led up to one thing, the book is frickin awesome, I was up until 230 reading it and once again only got about 3 hours sleep. So I sleepy but it was so worth it. Buy the book!

No comments: