Saturday, May 10, 2008

I sleepy!

Yeah mornings suck a little bit. OK to clarify it's not so much the mornings as the fact that my alarm went off at 5am and I had to go to work. Also it probably wouldn't have sucked so bad if I hadn't stayed up until 2am reading Such a Pretty Fat (have you picked up your copy yet?) Now that I'm officially old (yes I'm 30, I'd thank you not to mention it) I've found that I can no longer function with only 3 hours sleep. When I was 21 I could drink until 5, make it to work by 8, work a double and go out again that night, (yes I just told a back in the day story, the first sign of old age setting in) Now I find I can only make it through the day with the aid of a iced venti skinny vanilla latte with an extra shot of course. Now would also be a great time to give a shot out to my favorite barrista/drive thru attendant at my local Starbucks. I'm such an ass I've yet to get his name but he always remembers me, my drink and compliments me when I'm having a good hair/makeup/outfit day. Seriously what more do you need than a big cup of coffee and someone telling you that you look pretty today.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

I sneaked a peek at your blog and I'll be sneaking more peeks if you don't mind... you've giving me some much-needed laughs today, THANK YOU!

$teve said...

You should make your move, Jewels. Lay down the legendary seductress game...and he'll be serving you lattes when your alarm goes off at 5AM...and he kept you up until 2AM the good way. Just a suggestion. :)

Jewels said...

Steve, as much as I appreciate your advice, he's all of 18 and I think it's a little too early to be starting my Mrs Robinson/Cougar phase! I'll let him age a bit more before I make my move though the thought of lattes in bed is wonderful!

Alsia feel free to check out my ramblings anytime you like! :)

$teve said...

18? You know that has never stopped ME before. Besides, you're too hot & too young for age to be an issue. I say go for it. Then again, I say a LOT of things...usually quite stupid things...but still, remember Rocky IV? "Go for it!!!"